Monday, August 19, 2013


My name is Klaus Floriano , my mother tongue is German and I am an English translator/professor, I live in Stuttgart. I am interested in providing my professional services in relation to this job opportunity, I have a high speed Internet connection and I check my e-mails many times a day so I can be in contact with you all the time. I might not be the only one in the translation business, but it seems that I am one of only a few to have a sound technical background. Before fully concentrating on linguistics, I worked in the chemical industry for 16 years, in the course of this achieving several technical certificates. This definitely helps knowing what I'm writing about when translating technical texts. I also have the linguistic qualification and experience: about 15 years ago I started translating science fiction novels and detective stories in part-time. This taught me how to translate a text without just copying it into the target language but providing a free translation that nevertheless contains all the important bits. I eventually decided that this was the job that I wanted to do deep down and got the necessary qualification in the form of a translator's certificate. I have M.A. in Translation Studies and German PG degree at M.Sc. level in Physics That's technical qualification and linguistic excellence, but there's still one more thing that is part of my translation services: professionalism. I do truly believe in the fact that your deadlines are important and can claim that I never jeopardized a job through late delivery. Research and a proofreading step are, of course, also part of my translation process. I am available for translating, editing and proofreading from English to German and German to English. Because of my technical background, I specialize on texts relating to chemistry, biochemistry (genetics), medicine (pharmaceuticals), IT, telecommunications, Legal , Finance and technical manuals. I am also experienced in translating marketing texts and literature. My rates are very competitive and also negotiable. Discounts are applied on texts with high word counts and collaborations with a constant flow of jobs. Please contact me with your specific job for a rate. Rates and capacity: Work type Capcity (words) Preferred Rates (USD/1000 words) Translation 3000 – 3500 / day 0.075 / Word Euro Editing 3500 – 4000 / day 0.04 / word Euro Proofreading 5000 - 6000 / day 0.035 / Word Euro Hourly work Up to 14h / day 25/ hour Euro Cat Tools : § SDL Trados 2009, SDLX, Tageditor, Wordfast, § MS Office 2007, OpenOffice.3.5, LaTeX, Finereader, Acrobat, Paint.NET, ... I would welcome the opportunity to work with your company, and would be grateful if you gave my application due consideration. Please find enclosed my resume showing my education, experience and background. Sincerely, Klaus

No comments:

Post a Comment