My name is Chloe Costantino. I am a native French speaker and fluent in English. I am a freelance translator with 10 years of experience in various fields of expertise including, Technical, Medical, Legal, and finance. I obtained a bachelor degree from Université de Bretagne Occidentale (UBO) France, also I earned the M.A. from the same university. I am looking forward to deal with clients to develop my translation business and maintain with them a long-term collaboration based on good communication aspect . In addition I am a highly conscientious worker and Strictly respect agreements and deadlines. Moreover I have excellent command of Trados Freelance 2007 , Studio 2009, and (Wordfast, TagEditor). Please feel free to contact me when you need any further information.
Please find attached my most updated CV.
CHLOE S. COSTANTINO
AREA OF INTEREST: Translation, proofreading
and editing documents…
2 rue Tapin
Saint-Symphorien de Marmagne, 71710,
NATIONALITY: French .
LANGUAGES: French: Mother Tongue.
Spanish: Intermediate. Ability to hold a conversation.
JOB TYPE: Full Time.
OBJECTIVE: With a training combining theory with a professional immersion, dynamic, meticulous
and prompt, I provide translations which are accurate, faithful to the original concept
and style and delivered in strict compliance with the time-limit set.
CAT tools of the latest generation and a rigorous quality assurance process guarantee
that the services performed will meet your expectations..
EDUCATION: MA in English - UBO Brest & Quimper, France Dissertation in linguistics:
"Interlanguage , - from French to English" (2006-2007)
French licence in Political Science, University Lyon 2
( 2003-2005, Lyon, Villeurbanne, and Bron Campuses.)
Bachelor's degree in English - UBO Brest & Quimper, France
2002-2003 Volunteer translator for several organizations (health and ecology).
2003-2012 Translator/Reviewer at Version International (Lyon)
• Translating and reviewing internal and external translations: software help and documentation (Oracle, Microsoft), Web sites (e-business, e-commerce, travel and tourism), copyrights, commercial contracts and booklets, official/law documents (World Trade Organization)
• Post-editing for large-scale projects (IBM, 1 million words minimum)
• Validating the linguistic contents of documents, especially correcting French Canadian texts to adapt them to standard French.
• Creating multilingual glossaries (English/French)
• Laying out technical manuals
• Freelance translator, working with several agencies.
• Legal: contracts, social status, services agreements, regulations (contests), privacy policies, deeds of sale (real estate).
• IT: software, video game, Facebook applications and Website localization. Translation of QA.
• Marketing/Advertising: video game presentations, brochures for companies, advertising brochures in the field of telecommunications.
• Editorial: press releases, blog articles, tourist tours descriptions, responses to calls for proposals, biographies, historical encyclopedia.
2002 Terminologist at the Bureau Translation of Canada’s Government (Ottawa)
• Creating terminological sheets today available for reference in Termium Plus, the terminological and linguistic data bank of the Government
• Directing the international call centre dedicated to solving terminological problems (3 hours per week) until the introduction of Termium Plus,
Taking part in terminological meetings with editors of specialized medical magazine
APR-SEPT.2011 Trainer translator in a translation agency specialized in video game localization and multimedia. Around the Word, Paris.
Video game localization: script, in games, manuals, Websites.
Translation of subtitles for promotional videos.
Translation of marketing documents: press releases, backs of boxes, descriptions, Websites contents.
- Translation of a response to a call for proposals concerning the conception of the Embassy of Congo Websites.
- Translation of press releases (Symantec, SanDisk, Disney, Square Enix, etc.).
- Translation of a marketing brochure for telecommunication solutions.
- Translation of tourist tours descriptions.
- Review of a report about Open Data.
- Review of a car manual.
Website conception (html, xhtml)
Image processing (Photoshop)
Knowledge of standards/TRC requirements for all major platforms (PC, handheld, consoles).
IT - ICT
Travels - Culture
• Excellent organization and communication.
• Strictly following agreements and deadlines.
• Excellent command of MS Office tools, Internet, Internet search engines, terminology, language databases and electronic dictionaries.
• Excellent command of CAT (Computer assisted translation) Tools:
( Trados 2007and Studio 2009) (Workbench, TagEditor, MultiTerm)
SDLX Translation Suite
Idiom WorldServer Desktop 9.0.1
OTIS translation v2-3.
SPECIALIZED SUBJECTS :
Specialist subject areas : Computer, industrial computing, software, technical/medical (general), legal business, business, commerce, tourism, clothing, jewelry
Types of documents : articles, reports, brochures, web sites, leaflets, user manuals, newsletters, questionnaires, user instructions, training courses, product descriptions, press releases, agreements, contracts.
RATES AND PAYMENT METHODS :
Translations: € 0.08-0.09 per source word.
Proofreading/Reviewing: € 0.04/0.05 EUR per source word.
Words per day: 3,000 to 3,500.
Availability: Full time translator.
Available upon request.