Name: Sandy Stephens Email: email@example.com
Nationality : German
LANGUAGES:Native Language: German
English – German Translations
German _ English Translations
German proofreader / Editor
Tourism and travel
(Websites, travel guides, brochures, menus etc.)
Cosmetics and beauty
(Websites, nail care, well-being, hairdressing, etc.)
(Manuals, catalogs, websites, contracts, etc.)
Aerospace, aviation, space
(Websites, catalog, marketing brochures, etc.)
Books and magazines
(Novels, books for children, fantasy, biography etc.)
Besides these fields I am interested in and qualified to translate content for other areas as well.
• Multi-skilled, talented and reliable
• Excellent German writing skills
• Able to speak English, Russian and Turkish fluently
• Highly skilled in Word and Excel
• Basic skills in the use of Adobe InDesign
• Able to meet even tight deadlines
• Excellent communication and availability
2010 – present Self-employed Germany/Turkey
Reliable and certified English to German translator
Experienced translator in a wide range of fields
• 2009-present: BA (Hons) Modern Languages at Open University
• 2005-08: BA (Hons) Physics at St John’s College, Oxford (Upper Second Class degree)
• 2005: International Baccalaureate – ranked 4th internationally
o45 points (maximum) + 6 in extra subject, including 7 in Standard Level German and 7s in Higher Level Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
Experience as a German translator & analyst:
• Editing and translating patent documents in German in the fields of electronics, automobile, telecommunications, medical, law, IT, computers, and banking
• Copy editing/Proof reading the translated documents
• Audit the translation for content relevancy and formatting
• Checking terminology usage
• Updating glossary for translation memory database
• A1 in Goethe Institut, Max Mueller Bhavan, Chennai.
• A2 in Goethe Institut, Max Mueller Bhavan, Chennai.
• Pursuring B1 level in Goethe Institut, Max Mueller Bhavan, Chennai.
Available Upon Request