Monday, November 19, 2012

Freelance translation work (English to Chinese-Simplified & Traditional)


Mother Tongue:                                 Chinese ( Traditional + Simplified )

Place of Primary Education:            Hong Kong

Name : Zhang Lee Yan

Address:    155821, Lai Man House, Oi Man Estate, Kowloon, Hong Kong

Email :          zhangleetrans@gmail.com                                                 


Experience :

Present:                                                          Freelance

Jan 1997 – Apr 2012                       Singtao Daily
A Chinese Newspaper in Toronto, Canada
                                               News Translator

Feb 1996 – Dec 1996                      Ming Pao
A Chinese Newspaper in Toronto, Canada     
                                                                        News Reporter
                 
1976 - 1985                                       Wah Kiu Yat Po
A Chinese Newspaper in Hong Kong
                                                                        News Reporter - Assistant Chief Reporter

Hong Kong Economic Times               -Editing the Chinese News of Information v      Technology.
                          -Designing the layout
                                  -Conducting the interview
                                 -Writing the news article

QUALIFICATION                  

• Member of the Institute of Linguists (A British academic organization).
• CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching )
• Graduate Diploma in Interpreting and Translation


EDUCATION:

**  4-Year Diploma in English Language & Literature (Hong Kong Shue Yan College  ) .
 ** Postgraduate Diploma in Interpreting and Translating

             

I am a highly driven, focused and extremely motivated language graduate. I am able to communicate effectively in Chinese and English and I enjoy undertaking challenging tasks and responsibilities. Having project management experience in a multilingual firm, I am currently seeking a challenging role to utilise my language skills and business acumen .



My software:

-SDL Trados 2009 Freelance Plus .
-Omega T
-ABBY FineReader 10.0 Corporate Edition
- Word Fast  Employment:

Interests and achievements

-In addition to previously mentioned experience I have worked in school as a teaching assistant.
-I have joined the Edinburgh scheme and completed the silver award when I was a secondary school student.
-I have done promotional work for an event of Humanities Society when I was a university student.
-I have worked as an editor for the cultural section in the school publication.
-I am interested in reading and riding bicycle.


My preferred translation rates:

USD: per word: 0,07 – For translation and 0.035 for proofreading .
Euro: per word: 0,06 – for translation and 0.03 for proofreading

All Rates Are negotiable depending on the subject of the project .

For provided services I issue an official invoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment