My name is Marcus Johnson and I am a multi-talented and experienced project manager. I have 10 years of experience in IT infrastructure, as well as experience with such companies as Nokia, AT&T, British Telecom, and Microsoft. I am currently working, but considering new opportunities. My last few projects have been to implement a national network of digital signage, to implement a company wide VoIP system, and upgrading all desktop PCs in a company wide PC Refresh project, although I also manage development projects, and have extensive knowledge of phone systems and wireless. I am considering both contract and perm opportunities, and I am willing to relocate. I am a US Citizen.
My resume is below, contact me and I can send a copy in Word format. Thank you very much for your consideration!
1805 El Cerrito PL #201
Los Angeles, CA 90068
Summary: Project Manager with 10 years experience building IT infrastructure, testing wireless data technologies, managing IT security, and overseeing large scale software development projects
Experience: More than eight years experience supporting new technology development and deployment, producing software, managing migrations and upgrades, and optimizing service delivery
Qualifications: PMP Certified
Studying Agile Project Management and working on the Certified Scrum Master certification
Strong leadership, communications, management, organization and planning skills
Experienced in IT, network security, and service delivery as well as software development
Background: Project Manager with experience at Microsoft, AT&T, and Nokia. Comfortable running high complexity projects in large scale, rapidly evolving environments. Former network engineer with in-depth knowledge of internal IT processes
Education: Studied Computer Science, Southern Oregon University 1998-2000
Studied Software Eng. at Oregon Institute of Technology 1996-1998
Certifications: Project Management Institute, PMP Certified (#1198964) 2008
AIDS Healthcare Foundation Project Manager 10/10 - Current
At AHF my role was Project Manager reporting directly to the CIO. My specific projects were; a Digital signage deployment, where I deployed UCView advertising software on existing signage in 30 national locations, the annual PC Refresh project to update software and hardware throughout the company, and my largest project was deploying an Avaya VoIP solution, a multi-million dollar project which included vendor selection and negotiation, cost control and budgeting, scope control, complex scheduling, and ensuring internal readiness.
• Established and developed a strong Project Management Organization.
• Promoted team work, communication, and organization inside the company by creating an internal website with project management document templates (such as status reports) as well as technical solutions and a lessons learned repository.
• The VoIP project required leadership skills, strong communications skills, vendor negotiation skills, cross functional teaming skills, and resource management in a matrix type organization.
ONZRA Project Manager 06/09 -- 8/10
Developed and deployed timely and elegant solutions to IT security and management challenges.
• Ran a team of engineers which tested and identified security issues in infrastructure configurations, installed software and web applications, and then worked to create solutions and develop patches.
• Developed scope control procedures, functional requirements, change controls, risk management, schedules and timelines while keeping a focus on customer service.
• Provided leadership, transmitting project objectives and priorities to team members.
• Worked with cross functional teams to coordinate planning and make forecasts to maximize resource utilization.
• Acted as liaison between sales, technical and management layers.
Microsoft Corp. Project Manager 01/08 - 06/09
Developed and implemented risk and change management plans for feature additions to the Windows Mobile 7 operating system. Played a lead role in the project management office (PMO) for WM7.
• Developed scope and scope control procedures, created change control board, and managed the flow of requests for change.
• Provided capability reports to cross functional marketing and strategy groups and helped refine product requirements.
• Gathered reports from multiple teams of mobile application developers working on many facets of the project and created a status report that showed overall progress on our forecast timeline.
• Participated in SDLC methodologies and utilized Microsoft SharePoint.
British Telecom Project Manager 08/06 - 11/07
As a Project Manager in the Global Solutions group, my responsibility was to cultivate trusted advisor relationships within AT&T, Schlumberger Oil Services, and Barclay Global Investors.
• Managed network deployment and infrastructure growth activities for global scale voice and data networks.
• Set and managed milestones, developed processes and procedures as well as recommended process modifications for meeting time, materials and cost objectives.
• Delivered projects on time and on budget.
Nokia Project Manager 06/04 - 08/06
Managed a project to build more than 300 cell sites between Washington DC and Baltimore.
• Organized planning groups to create project timelines, set milestones, analyze project risk, develop task lists and define and control scope.
• Led Cingular's new Network Expansion project which consisted of the deployment of high speed wireless data (UMTS) and Nokia Location Based Services (LBS).
• Measured improvement and extension of coverage for Nokia Location Based Services and ensured complete compatibility with new federal E911 requirements.
• Held meetings with key engineering groups to develop procedures, identify upcoming risks, and resolve any adjacency and capacity issues.
Cingular Wireless Technical Manager 06/02 - 06/04
Led circuit delivery and control center operations groups through service delivery, activation and maintenance functions.
• Worked with managers in Customer Care, Transport, Routing, Switching, Utilization, Multi-Media, and Test and Turn-up teams to develop end-to-end processes and procedures to improve service delivery.
• Developed procedures for managing incident tickets from customer care through problem identification, classification, and resolution.
• Created a known error knowledge base and worked with engineering teams to proactively identify potential problems through problem trending and analysis of known errors.
Integra Telecom Abuse Desk Manager 06/00 - 06/02
Created the abuse desk position within the Network Operations Center, reporting directly to the Director of Operations and Customer Service. I created this position after justifying the need to resolve abuse issues both internally, and externally.
• Proactively created an initiative to identify and resolve customer security issues such as; open relay mail servers, compromised networks, finding the source and recovering from denial of service attacks, detecting open drive share vulnerabilities, virus activity, scanning activity, and SPAM.
• Built a cross-functional team to develop Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policies.
• Management position which required strong security related technical skills.
• Personally created solution to resolve SPAM issues originating from our network by time stamping RADIUS logins and cross-referencing them with traffic to pinpoint spamming customers.
• Supported company wide deployment of Cisco VOIP equipment, including Cisco Call Manager, IVR and 7960 series IP phones.